Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Thu May 13, 2021 5:14 pm

Wow! Vannin what sadness as regards those beautiful Golden Labs, I bought 2 about 25yrs ago for my husband, Saxon and brother Winston, maybe my story is sad too. Saxon was the healthy one, Winston had been badly mauled on the head and face by Mum who was in much pain at the time. I only meant to buy just the one Labrador but was pleaded with to take the other as well because his brother was always caring for Winston, he was blind in one eye his face was badly distorted and scarred, I just couldn't resist. After around 4yrs it was evident his brain also was damaged and in the end the vet was sure it would be less painful for him to be put painlessly to sleep, we had to agree. :sad:

Like you writing about posting long stories, Vannin and I have written miles too much because I had so much to answer about your post too :thinking: , it was a brilliant piece of writing, Great you are happy with your hair, and good luck with the gardener, we both got a Kevin :) Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
dita

Postby vannin » Thu May 13, 2021 7:47 pm

Hi Dita, I have had a quiet and lazy day, once again a heavy downpour kept me from venturing to the post office. My prediction about Kevins often being in their fifties was incorrect this time, because Matthew told me both he and Kevin are in their mid-thirties!
Surprise surprise, the phone rang just now and it was K the gardener (who must have known he was being talked about) to arrange to come here on Tues 18th and 'see the lie of the land'. We were both apologising and I am looking forward to Tuesday. Trixie will probably follow us round the garden then run away if she is shown attention. The boys have, in addition to the Labrador who is doing well, two cats and four chickens.
I have had a long email from California which is short of rainfall and drought is threatened, wish I could send them some rain - so awful to live with possible threat of more wildfires.
Sending love and hugs to you both from Trixie and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Sat May 15, 2021 2:46 pm

Hi Vannin, realised yesterday after I had logged off that I hadn't been on this thread, so today I am first on here-------and must remember to do my weather forecast as well :) :rolleye11: Hope the weather is dry for Tuesday when Kevin visit. My next door neighbour asked me if I was interested in someone to come and do a little help in the house or garden , she is interested and has arranged for her to work a couple of hours every couple of weeks, think I am going to do the same :sunglasses: . Funnily the lady is originally from the village and her Mum still lives here. I feel sure she can be trusted and this can only be an advantage because you have to be so careful these days. Sending Love and hugs to you Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Sat May 15, 2021 7:08 pm

Dita, I hope you are relaxing in intervals when not being a slave to 4-legged or winged residents, and hope you are not doing what I would do if someone was due to come and take some of the workload. I would be fussing to get the house looking right for them! I sometimes wonder about getting someone to give a couple of hours weekly - apart from the garden, would be a stranger and I dismiss the thought each time.
But it is good you have someone through your neighbour and hope it will all work out well.

Last Monday morning, I was premature in saying it was 'Hugs-are-allowed-day'. It will be this Monday!!
Trixie has just returned outside into the rain when I have just dried her off She nibbled a few mouth fulls and off-out :roll: We both send love and hugs to you and Dolly.xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Sun May 16, 2021 3:43 pm

Vannin, I am doing exactly what you mentioned, :cheeky4: so I am toiling like an idiot making sure its presentable and hoping she doesn't have a gossip around the village about what I have and haven't . :hide: Have just come on here after the weather thread and it proves the point you mention above . :oops:
Dolly is not eating alot and is sleeping more, could be her age but she still exhausts me out in the garden, maybe she is manipulating me ???? :dunno:
Hugs and love to both from us bothxxxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby dita » Mon May 17, 2021 3:29 pm

Hi everyone, not much to add from yesterday, it is still dry and I guess I must prepare myself for a dribble up and down my freshly mowed grass. Be careful how you interpret what I have just written :please: :roflmao:
dita

Postby Penny » Mon May 17, 2021 4:59 pm

Afternoon all. So bright and sunny, hope it stays like this. Had a ready meal today. Anyone had Duck in Plum sauce. from Sainsbury's. Really very tasty. Did hubby a salad. He has been having salad for over a week now and is really enjoying same. Not quite the weather for me. Once again, how time flies'''''''' grandson is 21 shortly. Doesn't seem a year since his christening. Hope all are well. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon May 17, 2021 7:12 pm

dita wrote:Hi everyone, not much to add from yesterday, it is still dry and I guess I must prepare myself for a dribble up and down my freshly mowed grass. Be careful how you interpret what I have just written :please: :roflmao:

It is a good thing we understand each other's humour! :lol:
Yesterday on 'What the Papers Say', I saw my daughter's boss talking to the lovely Ben Brown. I was fascinated by the fact his (Michael's) lips hardly move when he is speaking! Even some ventriloquists can't do that as well as he did. I was so taken by it, I didn't really listen to much he was saying. :oops:
Hugs and love from us both to both of you. :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue May 18, 2021 10:41 am

Morning all. Funny old day. Awaiting collection van but was promised between 9am and 4pm. Feel it a waste of the day. Hope all are well and ready to enjoy another week. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue May 18, 2021 6:55 pm

Penny, I hope they came before 4 p.m. So annoying when 'a slot' becomes all day. Before I retired, it meant taking a whole day off work.
Dita, Kevin was here today to carry out assessment of the garden and tell me the hourly rates which are good. He is very professional and even apologised all over again about the delay, and I apologised again, :sorry: not having been aware of the circumstances at home. I am very glad to now realise how wrong I was, as he is the soul of reliability.
He will start on June 1st, for a two-hour stint. The grass still looks nice and short since Ross cut it.

My friend I used to have coffee with, in Costa, agrees with me it must be time to start up again! :trink:
The few times I observed full tables outside coffee shops lately, it looked claustrophobic and plain silly if there was rain. Tables were close together at all the places, and at least now we can go indoors to drink. :yahoo:
Love and hugs to you both from us both.xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everybody :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Wed May 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Good afternoon everyone. Hi Vannin, couldn't get in yesterday for several reasons, anyway I am here now. :rolleye11: Pleased to hear that Kevins visit was a triumph, he certainly sounds an interesting guy, :welcome1: I have decided I am going to use help from now on, both house and garden, :ithanku: certainly makes it good to know she used to go to school with my son, and I also know her Mum. :sad: Worried about my Dolly she keeps behaving very odd and not eating much, i do think she is maybe suffering from C D S..... Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome, she is over 13yrs old and apparently it is not unusual for dogs of that age. I seem to be meeting myself coming back at the moment, don't know why. Anyway Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Wed May 19, 2021 3:40 pm

Dita, if I was in facetious mood, I would say I diagnose myself with C.D.S.
But to be serious, I know you are worried about poor little Dolly, and your instincts are usually right. If you can get a lift to the vet, a check-up would find if the worry is justified, hard as it is to find out.
We both send extra special love and hugs to Dolly and you. xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu May 20, 2021 11:14 am

Morning all. Nothing planned today due to miserable outlook.Percy, the pheasant came to the front door yesterday so of course I went out to feed him. As soon as I turned my back along came a dozen rooks to pinch Percy's seeds. Can't win. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the rest of May. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu May 20, 2021 3:11 pm

:bighugs: Vannin that means there are 2 + 1 with C.D.S , the vet thinks because of her age and health when she was very young and the information on her record from that time, it is very likely to be her problem, have made an arrangement to visit the vet in a couple of weeks, she needs a booster and her nails clipping too. She is still very professional at her sport?? and I so appreciate your input Vannin, Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie xxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Thu May 20, 2021 6:13 pm

There is a more threatening sky today and strong winds which make it feel wintry. I think I may have caused it by getting new patio chairs!! :roll:
Dita, I hope to hear how you and your helper will be progressing after the first couple of visits.

On the 16th you said Dolly might be manipulating you :magnify: and if she shows no sign of reducing the energetic football, she is still lively enough to tire you and she needs more sleep for the next session, she may be feeling OK but just lost her appetite some of the time. But if the vet and you both think there is C.D.S.,best to be examined.
Trixie is having another phase of being 'off' her wet food but still chomping dry Purina1. She is a demanding little madam. :exactly:
Love and hugs to Dolly and you xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes