Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Fri May 21, 2021 3:42 pm

Patio chairs, have they got brolly's attached?? Got to remember that in doggie years Dolly is almost the same age as me, and that tells me enough, she will still bounce back to life when football is mentioned, before I get to the door she is there with ball in gob waiting. After five minutes I am exhausted but not her. The manipulating is the thing I would rather face than C>D>S. You do sound to be having a similar food thing going on with Trixie too. Love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me :bighugs: :bighugs: xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri May 21, 2021 5:00 pm

I think I must have picked up the term 'patio chairs' from Patty in San Francisco, who also bought a new set.
Nothing so grand as brolly attachments! These are 'director' type chairs with aluminium frame and Racing Green fabric (instead of canvas, which it looks like, the label says Oxford something or other!) Very lightweight which is the main thing, yet sturdy -- if they ever get used. :please: :please:

If the forecast heatwave happens for a fortnight in June, it will be such a novelty I'll probably get prickly heat again! :sunglasses:
Trixie has had nothing to eat today except some treats and I can think of a possible reason other than fad if she might have consumed a mouse in the night and the previous night: she doesn't really like the taste and has trouble digesting mouse, but it is the thrill of the capture and the playtime before the kill - much as I hate that part of cat behaviour. She sometimes goes months with no evidence of mousing, certainly not bringing them indoors.
Pets give us worries as children do, but we wouldn't be without them! Hugs and love to you both from Trixie and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Sat May 22, 2021 1:58 pm

Hello again everyone. :tantrum2: I have just lost all I have written again, where the heck does it goes????? :magnify: Your new furniture sounds very plush Vannin, I hope you use it more than what I do mine, (not as posh as yours) though. it is in the shed covered in dust. Dolly loves tormenting my 3 ancient Cockatiels :groaner: they are always falling off the perch on to the floor then have to climb up the fine mesh aviary wire to get back on the perch, its worse at the moment because they are moulting. Time for the cup final before it rains again. :roll: Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and her slave :bighugs: :bighugs: xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sun May 23, 2021 10:24 am

Sorry, I got carried away by finding something I really wanted to watch (again) to fill up the endless evening when I would rather go anywhere than watch Eurovision! :lala:
What I watched was on BBC2 7.30 to 9.30, a film called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, previously watched a few months ago but equally enjoyed the second time. It is different from anything else and has a superb cast. :clapper:
Trixie resumed eating Encore Tuna and Shrimp just after I last posted. :now: Funny, even on off-food-days, she makes all the overtures for 'Feed-me' then walks away.
To take the sting out of my EuroV critique, I think James has a great voice because I heard it before, but needs the right song in the right place etc. Wishing everyone a good week and take care :grouphug:
Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun May 23, 2021 2:28 pm

Hi Maggie. Do be careful moving equipment about, its not lightweight. Not seen James yet. He is still studying from home. His room-mates at UNI were with their parents at the weekend so James came home, but is still what you say, working. His 21st is next Tuesday same as other half. Hoping James does manage to pop in. How lucky you were to gt a hug from Logan. Long time since I had such. I hope everyone is enjoying this sunshine. Having lunch I said to hubby, look at the rain, he looked up and it had stopped, so I am keeping fingers crossed for a sunny day. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun May 23, 2021 3:21 pm

I nearly watched that Guernsey-----Potato peel Soc too Vannin, I saw it a while ago too , excellent film, certainly didn't watch Eurovision :banana: thingy apart from a little nose at the results, :roflmao: :sorry: I had quite a giggle at our result and Germany was almost as bad. :hide: I spent my main time last night crosswording and solitaire, plus a couple of phone calls from friends and family. Hugs and Love Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Sun May 23, 2021 6:36 pm

Something to watch. motor racing channel 4.
Penny

Postby dita » Mon May 24, 2021 3:00 pm

Rev Rev, Wow! :) and Hamilton lost-------all ok if that's your choice.
dita

Postby vannin » Mon May 24, 2021 6:47 pm

Unbelievable, the schools will break up for half-term this week, it seems they went back so recently.
Kevin will start on this garden on June 1st, a week tomorrow. It all looked very green and healthy when he came to assess, and now with so much rain again, it is starting to show the dire need for 'tidying-up'. All the shrubs are bursting forth but the lawns are not bad, he said they would not need cutting till 1st June! :fourleaf: :lol:

Dita, I hope you and Dolly are feeling better this week. Don't go over-the-top with preparing the house for your new helper! :sherlock: Love and hugs to you and Dolly from us two.xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Tue May 25, 2021 3:57 pm

To think I nearly snuffed myself out cutting that grass a couple of whenever ago, and now its worse than it was before I cut it. My Dandelions are taller than me. :roll: :groaner: Ha ha Vannin you are right about the fact I am spring cleaning before my helper comes and sees my dirty house :) Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie, from Dolly and me. :bighugs: :bighugs: xxxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby vannin » Tue May 25, 2021 7:35 pm

As I type, there is sunshine streaming through the window. If it could just stay like that for a while! :please: :sunglasses:
A soft sound of purring is coming from behind me where HRH reclines on one of her five beds. Yes, five, bought at intervals over the years. Some of them were ignored when new but I kept them and she changes her mind, and the latest one is the fluffy donut type. When I first showed it to her, love at first sight, she went gaga and kneaded it with eager paws.....which is happening now. :wakeup:
Dita, one of the cousins I have never met connects with me on Facebook, posting pics of her two beloved dogs, Lady is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and the other is Gracie, a Papillon! They have grown up together and are very devoted. Lady gets a bit left-behind on their walkies.
We send love and hugs to you both xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed May 26, 2021 8:56 pm

Penny, I am delighted to hear you and your family had such a lovely time yesterday. Belated Happy Birthday James and Mr Penny!! Surely it must be yours this week too??
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed May 26, 2021 10:12 pm

Very kind of you vannin. My birthday was 8th May.

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu May 27, 2021 2:26 pm

Hello everyone, you got me all excited to know your cousin owns a Papillon called Gracie, :rolleye11: I also have a soft spot for King Charles Spaniels too. I used to have a Lady, :sunglasses: she was a miniature poodle. Like Trixie, Dolly also has plenty of beds for her to enjoy, all different and more luxurious as time has gone by. Unfortunately most have hardly been used and she still holds dear the one she has had almost ever since she came to us .
Love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby dita » Thu May 27, 2021 2:30 pm

Hello everyone, you got me all excited to know your cousin owns a Papillon called Gracie, :rolleye11: I also have a soft spot for King Charles Spaniels too. I used to have a Lady, :sunglasses: she was a miniature poodle. Like Trixie, Dolly also has plenty of beds for her to enjoy, all different and more luxurious as time has gone by. Unfortunately most have hardly been used and she still holds dear the one she has had almost ever since she came to us .
Love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:

:lala: I don't know what happened :roflmao: :roflmao: :please: forgive me if I did it accidently it wasn't intentional :hide:
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes