Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sat May 08, 2021 2:24 pm

There is one thing for sure Vannin, if that guys son is a groundsman he will no doubt be good at doing your grass. :welcome1: Anyway good luck for getting your garden sorted, mines growing like the clappers again now since the rain in Spain came. :sunglasses: I liked your raining men better . :cheeky4:
Cannot believe it was so nice yesterday and today its horrid . :bighugs: :bighugs: Love and hugs to you Vannin and Trixie, from Dolly and me xxx

Take care everyone :grouphug:
dita

Postby dita » Mon May 10, 2021 4:42 pm

Here we go again ...
Hello everyone, just doing my bit to help keep us going.
Love and hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me, hope you are ok xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Mon May 10, 2021 6:21 pm

Hello on the day with the 'hugs' rollout. Extra hug to everyone :bighugs:
I had a small problem with the computer and in the end, switched it off for about twelve hours then when switched on again, it worked as normal! :doh:
My footcare lady was here today. She is a marathon and cross-country runner when not involved with other people's feet. Two London Marathons have been cancelled and she ran in them every year before the pandemic. She was training for many months 'in case' this years would take place. :sad:
My grandson has been with other youngsters for a few years on the water stations of the London circuit and used to look forward to it. One year, two of the marathon runners he handed water to, were Adam Woodyatt (Eastenders till lately) and his son, very friendly - I know that because my daughter supervised!

The sun is shining now but there was some heavy rain this morning. Dita, love and hugs to you both from Trixie and me.xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon May 10, 2021 8:59 pm

What a surprise today. Weather not been good as we all know then at 6.30 our young gardener rang to say he would be arriving to attend to the lawns. Funny, we thought. however, he arrived, did the lawns and put the waste out for collection tomorrow. Still dry after a sunny two hours. Wonder what the weather will be like tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Friend in USA says he is expecting two days of rain. Seems weather is odd world wide. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue May 11, 2021 9:44 am

This week is different from the past 14 months. Appointments for hair and feet are happening. Well, I did have the feet seen-to eight weeks ago and again yesterday. After the lady left, I had a phone call from the hairdresser who I contacted last week when he said he would ring me this week with a date. Blow me, he said 'What about 5 p.m. tomorrow?' which is today!! Great, it's what I call efficiency.
As I said on here last week, he sounds delightfully ducky and I am looking forward to 5 p.m. Never met him before but I believe he is a very considerate chap :welcome1:

Take care everyone :grouphug: Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue May 11, 2021 10:32 am

Morning all. Wonder if anyone can make a suggestion'...I have two new pieces of furniture for bed-ridden folk but having rung everywhere cannot get them collected. Don't want any cash just that hubby keeps nagging that they need to be moved. I would like to think they are useful to someone. One is a bedside toilet and the other provides a small table over the bed. Sorry to be a pain but grateful for any ideas. I should add, as we both need walking aids it is difficult for us to move the boxes in which they are packed. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue May 11, 2021 1:39 pm

Have you tried AgeUK Buckinghamshire? Office 01296 431911 email ageukbucks.org.uk

I should add, the phone is usually answered by a recorded message so you have to leave a voicemail. But seeing how your offer would be of great importance to them, they should do it with speed!
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue May 11, 2021 2:57 pm

Thanks vannin Have just tried six times and e mail address is said to be wrong. Any ideas, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue May 11, 2021 3:58 pm

Good afternoon everyone. Just been on the weather thread and came on here , it is almost dark and siling down, shows how quickly the climate can change. :huffin:
Vannin I was happy with my haircut from the mobile hairdresser the other day, have just to send her a text when I need her again. Sounds as if you are in for a treat at 5pm today, having it done at home is very relaxing, and worth it. :magnify: I am sure if Penny and her husband both need walking aids it cannot be very hard to contact someone who works in that kind of occupation and would be very relieved to accept those items.
Lots of Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xx :bighugs: :bighugs:
Sorry I missed your birthday Penny :hide: :twisted:
dita

Postby vannin » Tue May 11, 2021 4:01 pm

Penny; ageukbucks.org.uk is what they were still using last Friday. Might be best to use the phone number if you try again tomorrow. They go home early.
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue May 11, 2021 4:07 pm

thanks vannin. seems all are too busy at present. Just had reply on line from another hospital group re same and told too busy. will try again tomorrow.
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue May 11, 2021 6:21 pm

dita wrote:Good afternoon everyone. Just been on the weather thread and came on here , it is almost dark and siling down, shows how quickly the climate can change. :huffin:
Vannin I was happy with my haircut from the mobile hairdresser the other day, have just to send her a text when I need her again. Sounds as if you are in for a treat at 5pm today, having it done at home is very relaxing, and worth it. :magnify: I am sure if Penny and her husband both need walking aids it cannot be very hard to contact someone who works in that kind of occupation and would be very relieved to accept those items.
Lots of Love and hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xx :bighugs: :bighugs:
Sorry I missed your birthday Penny :hide: :twisted:

Dita, I used to have a home hairdresser Rosemary for fifteen years till she retired. Then Zoe for a few years till she moved away to live on a canal barge with her two cats. :sunglasses: From then till May 2019 I tried some shop ones while looking for someone who visits. So it is two years since I had my hair cut.
I found Matthew to speak to on the phone but then Covid came and was an obstacle. This week I refound him but no visit yet. :roll: :lol: He rang at 5, sounding both distressed and excited, saying his partner's dog was whelping and he was desperately needed in the delivery room and can he come tomorrow? Of course he can, if puppies permit. Head spinning because......sounds familiar?? It is certainly genuine but what a coincidence. :dunno: :whut: Am I coming or am I going? :?
Last night the Kevin rang - no reason given for three-week delay, so I mentioned I had been waiting. He said there had been issues to sort, which prevented him phoning. (Nothing about pets) My disbelief from the start was magnified, and I let him know he was not required, which took the wind out of his sails. I could imagine him breaking gardening appointments often. I once had a totally unreliable roofer and said 'Never again' . :thumbdown:
So. I shall expect Matthew again tomorrow for hair, and am expecting a call from Sean for gardening, with Ross in reserve. Trixie and I send love and hugs to you and Dolly :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed May 12, 2021 9:24 pm

All solved now but heartbreaking. Dita, when Matthew phoned yesterday, I misheard about the dog, The canine births had happened on Monday but by surgical intervention because the mum was very ill and the 8 pups were not expected to survive. So he was actually needed at the vets intensive care and I would never have expected him to come out to me. The mum is a Golden -4-years-old- and has survived, 4 pups were stillborn and the other 4, very sadly have gone since then. The partner, Matthew's other half, unbelievably, is Kevin!!! It had to be more than coincidence and I was very unfair to Kevin because my intuition failed me, and what sounded like 'unreliable' was really a heartbroken man not wanting to mention details on the phone because he might break down. He stayed home again today and the poor labrador is improving

Matthew is great company and gave the best haircut I have ever had. From more-than-shoulder-length to short style I used to have, it has gone very curly, without any blowdrying or extras!!

He promised to convey my apologies to Kevin who might yet be my new gardener. I got it so wrong. But how mind-blowing that the two guys I have 'found' through very different sources, are life partners. Trixie and I send love and hugs to Dita and Dolly xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed May 12, 2021 9:36 pm

Oh that's a sad story Vannin!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Wed May 12, 2021 9:47 pm

Ciderman, I was nearly in tears when I heard it, especially as I had misjudged the joint owner who is at home with their beloved child-substitute. Maybe it is wrong to post long sad stories to our friends here, but having told the first half before knowing the dreadful outcome, think the remainder should be shared.
Happily the mum is making a recovery, the guy showed me a pic on his phone, she is of course, beautiful.
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes