The good morning and weather thread

Except Personal Attacks

Re: The good morning and weather thread

Postby Penny » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:46 am

Morning all. Another super day. Lovely and sunny. Might do sae as Tueday. Went and sat by canal and saw several boats and for the first time, two canoes, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:36 am

Good morning.Penny.Another lovely sunny day here too.Walked to my sisters for a couple of hours yesterday.First time in over a year.Saw a few changes in their garden.

Staying at home today to recharge my batteries. :mrgreen:

Have a lovely time by the lakes ,Penny.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:29 pm

I went into town this morning, in the sun. Think the temperature was around 23, but it is a bit cooler now.
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:25 pm

Good afternoon everyone, Wow! it certainly is a warm one even Dolly slowed down a little. Pleased because i was exhausted before we started. Do not think I could have managed a walk for a couple of hours Maggie. Pleased I am not on holiday with my son in your area today. Don't think I could have kept up with you either Vannin xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:43 pm

What a change! As I posted on the general conversation thread, I made an early start to save myself for more weeding later! From the moment I posted, there has been steady rain so I'm staying indoors. The rain is, at least, saving me from watering back and front this evening.
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:40 pm

Been lots of low cloud today and dry-------until I was in the garden doing my usual battle of the ball. To my delight a few drops of rain appeared and I did feel that my game would be very short lived and I could give my legs a rest to continue easing my body after the grass cutting yesterday. No chance after a few spots it fizzled out.:)
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:44 am

Good morning, hotting up again. Dita, mowing is too much when your body is unprepared for it. If I ever do more than usual in any activity involving legs and back (which comprises everything really) the next two days bring the suffering. When I walked around large beautiful grounds for my birthday, I was fine at the time but regretted it for a week - the snowy temperatures do their worst to joints! The heat also!
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:46 am

Lovely sunny day. Enjoy it all.
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:42 pm

Sultry, very little sun today, we have had the occasional few spits of rain, think it was teasing us. You were right when you mentioned the suffering of ones body after over using joints when trudging around with the mower, Vannin , even pressing this keyboard on this laptop is agony. Thats moans over because I am boring myself. Take care everyone . xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:22 pm

Started off sunny then had a good dash of rain at lunch time. Afternoon been very pleasant with patches of cloud in a very blue sky.
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:48 am

Much more humid today . I always think that is the worst part of Summer weather.
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:10 pm

Sunny, clouds and rain showers, that about sums it up . Breezy too-------bit of everything apart from ice and snow :) :)
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:48 am

Another lovely start to the day. Yesterday's early start here was sticky heat which made me glad of the change in late morning when a lovely breeze came to counteract any stickiness in time for my daughter's visit!
Latest news from Northern California, June is officially the start of 'Fire Season' and all their green space has turned brown in the drought. I wish they could have weeks of rain, but most of the cousins live in the 'slightly safer' part (San Francisco). It verges on Mid-California where one family lives in San Jose which has had one fire already this summer but not quite in their home district.
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:22 pm

Weather is beautiful here in Lincs too. I do hope you had a great day with your daughter Vannin :) I do hope too your family in California avoid any of the fires which devastate their areas mostly each year, can only imagine the anxiety which sets in when the first one appears. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:02 pm

Afternoon all. Lovely and sunny, very close so fans on at present. Think we are promised this for a couple of daye. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes