The good morning and weather thread

Except Personal Attacks

Re: The good morning and weather thread

Postby dita » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:09 pm

Hello everyone,not much sun today, low cloud and it is breezy, Hope you are all well, guess it is quite a hot sunny day where some of you are. Enjoy it or it may go away. Take care .
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:28 am

Think we are in for a hot weekend. Take care everyone!
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:49 pm

I agree with that Vannin, its a warm one already. xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:46 pm

Been very warm and sunny here all day. Family down in Swanage and same there.Looks like we have this for a few more days Enjoy the weather folks, we have waited some time for it to arrive.
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:29 pm

A Met Office weather warning for thunderstorms has been issued for Milton Keynes and the rest of Buckinghamshire.

The yellow weather warning is in force across a swathe of the country from 6pm on Wednesday, June 16, until 6am on Friday, June 18 - and follows a heatwave.

The warning covers all of Bucks, including Milton Keynes, Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Beaconsfield, Amersham, Chesham and Buckingham.

There is currently 'significant uncertainty' in the timing and location of the storms, according to the Met Office, but they are expected to move north east across the country - with a warning that torrential rain is also likely in some areas.

The Met Office weather warning states: "Some places are likely to see thunderstorms later Wednesday through to Friday with the potential for travel disruption and flooding.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 am

Beautiful sunny day and very warm, Looks like summer has arrived so keep fingers crossed.
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:17 pm

Weather is not too bad, but we do have more cloud than the previous few days, it is also a little more breezy which could indicate what you have said in your last forecast Vannin-------maybe we will get some storms, non in the forecast at the moment, time will tell. Take care everyone.xx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:57 am

Beautiful blue sky again. Lovely and sunny. Hope all are enjoying this weather.
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:55 pm

Bearing in mind what I posted on Sunday, I enjoy each day as it comes, but not optimistic. Our second Met warning is even worse. Trixie is already twitchy which can be cats' early warning.

The Met Office has issued a second weather warning for thunderstorms across much of England - including all of Buckinghamshire.
The weather warnings cover all of Bucks including Milton Keynes, High Wycombe, Aylesbury, Chesham, Marlow, Beaconsfield and Buckingham - although there is still uncertainty about where is most likely to see storms.

The first of the two Met Office yellow weather warnings is now in force across the area from 6pm on Wednesday, June 16, until 11.59pm on Thursday (June 17).
See the latest weather near you by visiting InYourArea for a 3-day forecast
That warning states: "Some places are likely to see thunderstorms later Wednesday through to Friday with the potential for travel disruption and flooding.
"Although there remains significant uncertainty in location and timing, areas of thunderstorms are expected to move northeast across parts of England and Wales from late Wednesday through to Friday morning.
"Whilst not all locations will be affected, some intense thunderstorms may occur during this period with torrential rain, hail, frequent lightning and strong gusty winds possible. Rainfall totals of around 30 mm could fall in an hour, with some locations potentially receiving around 50 mm in 2-3 hours, although these will be fairly isolated."
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:16 pm

Must admit although there has been a few mentions of the pending rains in the country, it has not been very worrying or no mention of things getting terribly bad in this area. Maybe I put my head in the sand after many years ago when I lived else where my neighbour and friend who lived across the road had lightening strike her chimney which did some shocking damage to her home, it came down the chimney.
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:03 pm

Still a beautiful blue sky and lovely sunshine. So warm all fans on the go. Wonder if your weather warnings will miss us. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:21 pm

Amazing, just put news and weather on TV only to find exactly what you said vannin. Quite a big spread of bad weather. Just have to keep fingers crossed that it misses this area. Will let you know.
Penny

Postby Penny » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:19 am

Morning all. Another lovely clear blue sky, sunny and very close. My cleaner has just arrived and said the weekend is going to be really wet. Keeping fingers crossed now as I don't know what to expect and where. Will keep you up to date. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:01 pm

It is very hot today, cannot get mi puff. Forecast is mentioning coming torrential rains in the next few days. The pollen count is really bad at the moment too. xx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:57 pm

Very hot and sunny, just noticed big white fluffy clouds going over. Cleaner came this morning and said she and her little girl have planned a picnic for Saturday but is now doubtful regarding promise of rain in this area on Saturday. Have to play it by ear and wait and sea, Son and family are still in Dorset but due back on Saturday. They have been very lucky so far, the apartment they have rented is super, very large and overlooking the sea. He took over my Beach Hut several years ago and it is still in good condition. Hope everyone is enjoying good weather up to now. Fingers crossed. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes